[Zope-dev] [RfC] Removal of old stuff in Zope 2.10

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Tue Dec 20 15:58:05 EST 2005

On Dec 20, 2005, at 3:29 PM, Paul Winkler wrote:
> If so, the question then becomes: timetable and plan for deprecating
> HelpSys.  I don't think we can simply rip out registerHelp() in 2.10
> unless we have deprecation warnings in 2.9; and a useful deprecation
> warning requires something in place we can advise people to do
> instead.

FWIW, I have zero plans to support a registerHelp that does anything
but "pass" or "warn" for Egg products.  If people think that isn't a
reasonable thing to do, I may need to take my committment to
integrating eggs off the table for 2.10 personally; of course others
would be free to take the existing code and integrate.  IOW, I intend
to spend exactly zero brain cycles thinking about help system issues
except to make it inoperable. ;-)

- C