[Zope-dev] zope-2.9 r40780 make install doesn't finish, files missing from bin

Andrew Sawyers andrew at sawdog.com
Wed Dec 21 13:59:34 EST 2005

On Wed, 2005-12-21 at 13:47 -0500, Jim Fulton wrote:

> I'll note, FWIW, that we don't do installs from Zope 3 checkouts.
> I think it's worth asking whether this is an important requirement.
> If it is, then we should make it work.  Question is, is it worth
> delaying the release?  I don't know.
I think it's an important requirement; many of us have done this dance
for years.  The reason I'd suspect this got done by Chris M was to ease
our pains we'd had to work around over time and make it easier for
people coming into the Zope Community - or their support staff (i.e.
Admins)

I can't answer the last question, but it seems to apparent that it's
important and expected behavior by lots of people in the community.

> If we did stay with the current situation, we'd need to cleanup the
> documentation so that a developer can easily reminder herself
> what she can do and how to do it.
If it's indeed *easy* and clear, that should be ok.  It just needs to
work sensibly  :)  So many of us are used to the ./configure; make; make
install dance.

> Jim

Andrew