[Zope-dev] zope-2.9 r40780 make install doesn't finish, files missing from bin

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Thu Dec 22 16:29:33 EST 2005

Tim Peters wrote:

> I'm sure Paul meant that the content of the tarball _looks_ very
> different now.  Change is always disconcerting.  I vividly recall that
> when ZODB switched to zpkgtools-based releases, we had messages from
> people staring at the tarball wondering where the ZODB code was --

[snip]

I think it'd be nice to have the code in a more obvious place in the
tarball. The current layout makes it a lot harder to inspect a release's
source code without installing.

I realize that after installation it looks like Python packages again,
but perhaps it's a difference we can minimize somehow, as it is an place
Zope stuff looks 'special' to the world, and not in our core business,
which is web application framework stuff.

Regards,

Martijn