[Zope-dev] Re: Renamed the Zope package to Zope2 and including Zope 3 packages in Zope 2.8

Lennart Regebro regebro at nuxeo.com
Wed Feb 2 13:28:11 EST 2005

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Anyway, more work for Five developers doesn't mean this shouldn't
> happen, but perhaps a review of the use cases driving this would be
> helpful. If it's really only about making ZClasses work in Zope 2.8, is
> this really the only way forward? If not, I'd prefer to stick to the
> original plan, and wait for Zope 2.9 before Zope 3 integration starts to
> happen.

I agree. Get Zope 2.8 out now and then we can work on the Z3 integration
in 2.9, preferrably merging Five into 2.9 completely. That integration
should be rather easy, as Five is already in a workable state, and it's
mostly a case of making copy zope.* to Zope2. Or am I missing something?

(The renaming Jim did is fine, of course).