[Zope-dev] [Zope 2] Skipping beta releases?

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Sun Jul 3 10:56:43 EDT 2005

On 3 Jul 2005, at 15:48, Andreas Jung wrote:

> --On 3. Juli 2005 15:32:29 +0100 Jens Vagelpohl
> <jens at dataflake.org> wrote:
>

>> I personally would still continue doing betas for things like
>> CMF,  but
>> then again the work needed to put together a release is a lot
>> less. And
>> I still live under the illusion that those betas see a  modicum of
>> testing ;)
>>

> Creating the release archive is not really the problem. The big
> pain in the a** is the software package product on zope.org and
> dealing with it :-/

I suspect the biggest problem there is the appservers and the
underlying portal software as a whole, not necessarily the piece that
you touch when making releases. Even with a better "Software Product"
product you would most likely still see slow reaction times when
uploading files or creating the documentation items (including their
automatic cataloging) inside a relase. I fight the same problems when
doing a CMF release.

jens