[Zope-dev] Re: [ZODB-Dev] Reloading product in 2.8

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sun Jul 24 10:30:32 EDT 2005

Shane Hathaway wrote at 2005-7-18 16:46 -0600:
>3. If you want to refresh a product that registers itself with another
>product, you have to set up dependencies like in step #2.  When you want
>to refresh, you have to refresh the product that contains the registry,
>not your own product.  Otherwise the registry will refer to instances of
>the old product classes.

I think when the product with the registry behaves like this
(i.e. it keeps the old entries rather than takes the newly registered ones)
this product does something wrong.

The best way would be to fix this product...

Otherwise (just to be explicit about this), you need to refresh
both products: the one with the registry and the registering product.

--
Dieter