[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope-Checkins] SVN: Zope/branches/Zope-2_8-branch/ preparing 2.8.0 release for tomorrow

Michael Haubenwallner michael at d2m.at
Sat Jun 4 13:35:28 EDT 2005

Tim Peters wrote:
> Later:  Zope-2.8.0-b2-win32.exe is built now, and after some more
> testing I'll upload it to
>
>     http://www.zope.org/Products/Zope/2.8.0b2
>
> Windows users please give this a try -- it's your last (and in some
> sense, also your first <wink>) chance to try "the real" Zope 2.8 on
> Windows.

Just tried that on my Win2K Laptop - after starting "runzope.bat" is was
presented with a windows alert box and no startup messages written to
the command window. It took me some time to realize that Zope was
already running. Login is possible and ZMI is working ok.

Here is some data for you (especially the Alert-box content):
http://www.zope.org/Members/d2m/zope-2.8.0-b2_windows/startup.txt
http://www.zope.org/Members/d2m/zope-2.8.0-b2_windows/event.log

The 'signal handler' problem seems to persist.

Michael

--
http://zope.org/Members/d2m
http://planetzope.org