[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope-Checkins] SVN: Zope/branches/Zope-2_8-branch/ preparing 2.8.0 release for tomorrow

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Sun Jun 5 19:16:02 EDT 2005

> "Run Zope in console" fails for me with "application has
> failed to start
> because pywintypes23.dll was not found..."

That is surprising :)  The reason it *should* work is that
pythonservice.exe, pythonw.exe and pywintypes23.dll are all in the same
directory.

One thing I ran into last night: I previously installed a Zope 2.8 build on
my box and uninstalled it - however, the Instance Home for this installation
was *not* manually removed.  I then installed this b2 release - Zope itself
was installed into a different directory, but the same Instance Home
directory was used.

As this Instance Home directory existed, Zope did *not* recreate certain key
files in the Instance Home.  Thus, zopeservice.py and runzope.bat pointed to
the *old* Zope binary directory, not the new one.

I could see how something like that could cause the problem.

Mark