[Zope-dev] Nuxeo supports Zope Corp announces

Eric Barroca ebarroca at nuxeo.com
Thu Jun 16 12:55:41 EDT 2005

Hello,

Following the announces from Zope Corporation yesterday about their
willingness to create a Zope Foundation (that would manage
independently Zope 2 and Zope 3 projects) and to participate actively
in the Z3ECM project, I would like to express briefly Nuxeo's
position about all the news.

First, we would like to thank Zope Corporation for Zope 2 and Zope 3
as Open Source software, they are amazing products !

For us as far as we know, the Zope Foundation is a really great news.
This will probably solve the main issues we heard from people in the
community and from some customers (brand and copyright security).
It's really great news that Zope Corporation is now ready to go
further on the community way and involvement. We are ready to help as
much as needed in establishing the ZF as a vendor-neutral
organisation with the mission to develop and promote a great
technology (like the Apache or Eclipse Foundations).
The Zope Foundation will, IOHO, a big step towards "project 10X" to
establish Zope as a leading development platform for all kinds of web
and internet applications.

On the Z3ECM project, we are very glad that Zope Corporation wants to
actively join the project !
We are certain that having ZC resources on this project will clearly
help to build better products and solidify the platform.

We will also support the move of the Z3ECM project to the ZF when the
issues of copyright ownership will be discussed with the project
stakeholders. It could definitely help unifying CMS zope community
and will give more credibility to the platform from a customer point
of view.

We will also support the move of the Z3ECM project to the ZF when the
issues of copyright ownership will be discussed with the project
stakeholders

In short, we are really happy and excited, and will definitely
supports ZC to move forward on these topics with the other members of
the Zope community.

I'm pretty confident that the whole community will support this as well.

Best regards,

EB.

- - --
Éric Barroca, Tel: +33 6 21 74 77 64 (mobile).
Nuxeo Collaborative Portal Server: http://www.nuxeo.com/cps
Gestion de contenu web / portail collaboratif / groupware / open source!
www.nuxeo.com - www.cps-project.org - www.indesko.com