[Zope-dev] Re: [Z3lab] Nuxeo supports Zope Corp announces

Jean-Marc Orliaguet jmo at ita.chalmers.se
Fri Jun 17 07:16:23 EDT 2005

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:

> Jean-Marc Orliaguet wrote:
>
>> This is really great news!
>>
>> I am going to start working at getting Chalmers to be one of the key
>> players in the foundation which would make the foundation even more
>> vendor-neutral. I am confident that this will go through.
>

> This almost sounds as if the Foundation isn't to be vendor-neutral
> from the start which is certainly not the intention of a foundation.
> What I like about other open source foundations (take the Plone
> Foundation from our community, for example) is that the members are
> developers, not companies. The developers govern themselves, every
> developer gets a vote.
>
> Philipp

Hi!

I'm a bit confused, first of all Chalmers is a university, it is not a
software vendor.

Then when I look at the members of the Plone foundation (
http://plone.org/foundation/about/board/list ) I only see companies,
except that ZC is not represented. So even if every member gets a vote,
how much does that vote count in the development process of Zope2, CMF
and Zope3 ?

regards
/JM