[Zope-dev] Re: Zope 2.9 goals

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Fri Jun 17 11:43:40 EDT 2005

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Jim Fulton wrote:
>
>> Max M wrote:

>>> Will they have the same relase date or will they be offset by a few
>>> months or something?
>>

>> They will have the same release date, same announcement, etc.
>> Essentially, a single logical release, with a number of separate
>> release files reflecting different platforms and configurations.
>

> This definitely gets me worried about coordinating everybody. We need
> very good planning to pull this off, something we haven't shown in
> previous Zope 2 or Zope 3 release processes. Perhaps a little ambitious?

Actually, I think that time-based releases make planning fairly easy.

There *will absolutely* be a Zope (2&3) feature freeze and beta release
November 1 (or sooner if we think that this leaves too little time for
a beta cycle).

There *will* be a final release in December, come hell or high water.

If you think this is to ambitious, then lets move the freeze/beta up
to give us more time for bug fixes, say October 1?

Jim