[Zope-dev] Re: Zope 2.9 goals

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Fri Jun 17 13:41:07 EDT 2005

--On 17. Juni 2005 13:17:13 -0400 Chris McDonough <chrism at plope.com> wrote:

> Policy aside, I trust all of these people implicitly to do the right
> thing with judging whether a feature should make it into a dot release
> and I wouldn't complain any of them snuck a minor feature into one.  If
> one of them got out of control (that Tim character is a wild-man!), I'm
> sure somebody would notice and go hose them down.

I agree totally. As RM I would have been task to enforce this policy. But
because given the fact we had very long release cycles adding new minor
feature was acceptable and worked more or less fine - not perfectly but it
worked. Otherwise the complete Z2 development would have stand still. So
for me time-based releases will only work if people show responsibility and
commitment.

-aj