[Zope-dev] Extending Zope's ZConfig Schema in a Product?

Andrew Langmead alangmead at boston.com
Thu Jun 30 22:21:40 EDT 2005

> I'm looking back and forth between the Zope and ZConfig sources and
> documentation to see if I can figure out how to have a Product (or a
> python package) to extend Zope's ZConfig schema
> (a.k.a. Zope/Startup/zopeschema.xml) without having to reach into the
> guts of ZConfig.

The config file syntax has a "%import" directive that allows you to
add another package to handle certain config directive.
That package than can contain a an XML file that describes your new
configuration directives and the code to handle them.

I  posted a small sample a few months ago here:
<http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-dev/2005-January/024244.html>