[Zope-dev] Re: ZCatalog getObject broken

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Thu Mar 10 11:28:25 EST 2005

I implemented a "publisherTraverse" function like this FWIW:

def publisherTraverse(context, path):
    # this is a hack to get around the fact that restrictedTraverse,
    # unlike publisher traversal, does checks at every step of the
    # path.  We don't want to limit access in this way (e.g. nested
    # shares are possible) so we reimplement restrictedTraverse in a
    # way that that emulates publisher traversal semantics
    ob = context.unrestrictedTraverse(path)
    user = getSecurityManager().getUser()
    if not user.has_permission('View', ob):
        raise zExceptions_Unauthorized, "cant traverse to %s" % path
    return ob

Maybe this is better than using validate?