[Zope-dev] Re: Problems with non-zope object attribute access

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario at ita.chalmers.se
Fri Mar 11 08:56:18 EST 2005

Max M wrote:

> btw. if setting __allow_access_to_unprotected_subobjects = 1 on the
> object doesn't work, the ImplicitAcquisitionWrapper most likely sets it
> to something else.
>
> have you tried changing the order?
>
>     w = Acquisition.ImplicitAcquisitionWrapper(o, self)
>     w.__allow_access_to_unprotected_subobjects = 1
>     return w

turns out to be a spelling error. Did a search for "allow_access_to" in
lib/python. It gave me the following knowledge (:

Wrong spelling:

     __allow_access_to_unprotected_subobjects

Correct spelling:

     __allow_access_to_unprotected_subobjects__

after that, it works like a charm! Thanks for all the help though, it
showed some neat techniques that may come in handy in the future.

Cheers,

/dario
"...and click? damn, I need to kill -9 Word again..." - b using macosx