[Zope-dev] Clarification re: Zope X3.1, 2.8

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Fri Mar 18 11:43:26 EST 2005

On Fri, Mar 18, 2005 at 11:22:26AM -0500, Brian Lloyd wrote:
[snip]
>   - Zope 2.8 will include X3.0 (not X3.1)
>
>   - The Z3 developers will have *no* extra burden or
>     responsibility to support X3.0 beyond what they
>     would normally do in the normal course of maintaining
>     it for Z3-only applications. In other words, it is not
>     the responsibility of Z3 devs to make sure Z2 tests
>     pass, etc.
>
>   - It *will be* the responsibility of the Zope 2 devs to
>     make sure Z2 works with the version of Z3 bundled at the
>     time.
>
>   - In the next few days at most, after a few loose ends are
>     wrapped up, we'll ask Andreas to make a 2.8 beta 1 release.
>     While Jim still has a few things to do, people will be able
>     to start using the beta for real work.
>
>   - Anyone who cant wait for that can use the five-integration
>     branch in SVN

Which is now as ready as we'll make it at this sprint. There are
still a few loose ends (in particular we may want to synch up a
few packages like zconfig and restructured text if it isn't too
difficult), though those ends are not strictly necessary for Five
support.

>   - As a community, we will work out how best to adapt the
>     Zope 2 release process and schedule to that of Zope 3 going
>     forward. We don't need to decide this immediately to continue
>     to make progress on 2.8. I suggest an IRC meeting sometime
>     soon to draft a proposal.

Thanks on behalf of the sprinters here working on this! I hope we
can all gather in the IRC meeting.

Regards,

Martijn