[Zope-dev] Re: "Overriding Products"

Derrick Hudson dman at dman13.dyndns.org
Fri Mar 18 16:12:54 EST 2005

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 19:49:01 +0100, Martijn Jacobs wrote:
> Hello guys.
>
> I have a question regarding  product importing in zope 2.7.x,  as since
> zope 2.7 this part is way more flexible then it was before. I'd like to
> accomplish the next situation :
>
> -
> A Zope base installation has Product X installed in /lib/python/Products
> which I want to change or develop further
> -
> x instances of Zope use the produtc from this base install.
> -
> At one instance I want to test and develop, without breaking the other
> instances.
> -

My approach would be one of the following:

    1) Do the dev and test on a different (non-production) machine.

    2) Install a second copy of zope for that dev/test instance.

Both of these will avoid any interactions between your production
setup and your dev/test work.

HTH,
-D

--
Microsoft has argued that open source is bad for business, but you
have to ask, "Whose business? Theirs, or yours?"     --Tim O'Reilly

www: http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/            jabber: dman at dman13.dyndns.org