[Zope-dev] Re: Zope 2.8, Five and Interfaces

yuppie y.2005- at wcm-solutions.de
Fri May 6 08:50:11 EDT 2005

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> Martijn Faassen wrote:
>>
>>So you would have the Zope 2.8 interfaces exist in the Five.interfaces
>>module?
>

> Well, no. Five.interfaces would stay as it is; it seems to be pretty accurate
> for Zope 2.7 (especially with yuppie's fixes, which should be merged to the
> Five-1.0 branch, btw).
>
> Some interfaces were added to Zope 2.8 and it would make sense to manage all of
> them in the Zope tree for the future, not the Five tree. However, when run
> within Zope 2.8, we want Five.interfaces to be most accurate, so we would
> install bridges in Zope 2.8 that bridge the Zope 2.8 interfaces to
> Five.interfaces. At least that was yuppie's latest idea andI think it's
> elegant.

Well. This was not my *latest* idea. I tried to implement it that way,
but that approach has some limitations:

- While we want to get rid of z2 interfaces in the long run, this
requires to add z2 interfaces to Zope.

- You did use schema fields for the z3 interfaces. Backporting these
interfaces to z2 interfaces is a regression.

- It's not as easy to import bridged interfaces as to import static
interfaces. We have to make sure they are already created.

Please see me new proposal, posted today.

Cheers, Yuppie