[Zope-dev] Re: Zope 2.8 on hold

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Sun May 8 09:22:42 EDT 2005

> [Andreas Jung]
>
> [Tim Peters]
> >> What WinBuilders problem?  I keep hearing there's "a
> problem" there,
> >> but don't know what it is -- and I had no problem using WinBuilders
> >> for Zope 2.8.
>
> [Andreas]
> > I know only that Christian had problems (according to his
> > posting some days ago). I can not comment and can not value these
> issues. But there seems to be something.

For me, WinBuilders *seemed* to work fine - until I realized that it was
reusing files from my previous 2.7 build.  After nuking my 'build'
directory, I get this error:

touch "/cygdrive/e/src/zope-packages/build/lib/python/Zope/Startup/run.py"
touch: creating
`/cygdrive/e/src/zope-packages/build/lib/python/Zope/Startup/run.py': No
such file or directory
make: ***
[/cygdrive/e/src/zope-packages/build/lib/python/Zope/Startup/run.py] Error 1

It appears the path should now be lib/python/Zope2/Startup/run.py.

There was some talk about moving WinBuilders to under the main Zope tree -
that would solve a few problems related to the build - including the "wrong
pywin32 version one" (as it would have been much more difficult to not
update WinBuilders!)

Regarding the other bugs:

Yuppie proposed 1776, but I'm afraid I don't understand the context of that
report, so I'm unable to help.

As Tim said, 1763 and 1711 don't apply.

That leaves only 1728 and 1507, which appear the same issue - Yuppie just
recently posted more information about that.  Just before his mail I updated
1728 to indicate something similar, and that it is apparently not a
"windows" bug.

So I can't see anything else I can help with for 2.8.

Also, while I am here :)  I mailed my CVS contributor form a couple of weeks
ago.  What is the next step in the process?

Cheers,

Mark