[Zope-dev] Re: Zope 2.8 on hold

yuppie y.2005- at wcm-solutions.de
Sun May 8 11:16:18 EDT 2005

Hi Mark!

Mark Hammond wrote:
> For me, WinBuilders *seemed* to work fine - until I realized that it was
> reusing files from my previous 2.7 build.  After nuking my 'build'
> directory, I get this error:
>
> touch "/cygdrive/e/src/zope-packages/build/lib/python/Zope/Startup/run.py"
> touch: creating
> `/cygdrive/e/src/zope-packages/build/lib/python/Zope/Startup/run.py': No
> such file or directory
> make: ***
> [/cygdrive/e/src/zope-packages/build/lib/python/Zope/Startup/run.py] Error 1
>
> It appears the path should now be lib/python/Zope2/Startup/run.py.
>
> There was some talk about moving WinBuilders to under the main Zope tree -
> that would solve a few problems related to the build - including the "wrong
> pywin32 version one" (as it would have been much more difficult to not
> update WinBuilders!)
>
> Regarding the other bugs:
>
> Yuppie proposed 1776, but I'm afraid I don't understand the context of that
> report, so I'm unable to help.

That's nothing Windows specific. Just an other release blocker.

> As Tim said, 1763 and 1711 don't apply.
>
> That leaves only 1728 and 1507, which appear the same issue - Yuppie just
> recently posted more information about that.  Just before his mail I updated
> 1728 to indicate something similar, and that it is apparently not a
> "windows" bug.

I'll fix the Zope 2.8 related issues in 1728/1507 as soon as we have a
fixed ZConfig version. No idea how to fix them without changing ZConfig.

> So I can't see anything else I can help with for 2.8.

I don't understand that WinBuilders stuff. So it would be nice if you
could help Christian with those issues if he needs help.

Cheers,

	Yuppie