[Zope-dev] Possible 2.8b2 bug part 3:

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Mon May 23 13:45:28 EDT 2005

--On Montag, 23. Mai 2005 19:22 Uhr +0200 Lennart Regebro
<regebro at gmail.com> wrote:

> DateTime.DateTime.strftime(fmt) used to use strftime, which accepts a
> unicode string as fmt. In 2.8 it uses datetime.datetime.strftime which
> does not accept unicode.
>
> This both breaks backwards compatibility, and  prevents you from using
> non-ascii characters in the format string

hm...I am not sure if the time.strftime() implementation had been
implemented
with unicode format strings in mind. Accepting Unicode strings (maybe
without
checking them) appears to me more like  an unintended accident than
intentional
behavior. I am pretty sure you can build a workaround easily. In my point
of view
the reason for the change (support for dates outside the usual 1970..2038
scope)
is more important.

Andreas