[Zope3-dev] Re: [Zope-dev] Re: branched Zope 2.9

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Wed Nov 16 18:45:48 EST 2005

Andreas Jung wrote:
> --On 16. November 2005 14:03:05 -0500 Jim Fulton <jim at zope.com> wrote:
>

>> Does this mean that the existing 2.9 branch needs to be removed and that
>> the trunk remains frozen?
>>

> Didn't Florent delete the branch? Obviously he did not as I assumed.
> So in this case Philipp needs to commit his fixes to the existing 2.9
> branch and the HEAD and the HEAD would be open for new code.

Yes, I comitted all the changes to both the trunk and the Zope 2.9
branch. They should be identical. So at this point I don't care whether
we get rid of it again and recreate it at a later point or simply leave
it. Again, Andreas' call.

Note that most of the work I still need to do is happening in the zpkg
code, so the Zope code is basically ready for a release. The only things
I have on my todo list for Zope 2 are:

- stitch in more things from Zope 3 so that ALL unit tests pass (this
will effectively mean stitching in twisted, maybe even more).

- make some CHANGES.txt entries ;)

Philipp