[Zope3-dev] Re: [Zope-dev] Re: branched Zope 2.9

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Thu Nov 17 09:36:23 EST 2005

--On 17. November 2005 07:45:48 +0800 Philipp von Weitershausen
<philipp at weitershausen.de> wrote:

> Andreas Jung wrote:
>> --On 16. November 2005 14:03:05 -0500 Jim Fulton <jim at zope.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Does this mean that the existing 2.9 branch needs to be removed and that
>>> the trunk remains frozen?
>>>

>> Didn't Florent delete the branch? Obviously he did not as I assumed.
>> So in this case Philipp needs to commit his fixes to the existing 2.9
>> branch and the HEAD and the HEAD would be open for new code.
>
> Yes, I comitted all the changes to both the trunk and the Zope 2.9
> branch. They should be identical. So at this point I don't care whether
> we get rid of it again and recreate it at a later point or simply leave
> it. Again, Andreas' call.

Delete the 2.9 branch at this time just for the sake of deleting it would
be stupid. I hope that Philipp will finish his work soon so this this issue
is not so important. That means:

2.9 branch: feature frozen, open for fixes of course
HEAD: open for whatever...

I hope the things are clear now :-)
Andreas