[Zope-dev] Re: How bad _are_ ConflictErrors

Florent Guillaume fg at nuxeo.com
Mon Nov 21 18:13:16 EST 2005

Dennis Allison wrote:
> *** you are correct -- this is the easy hack on the event.log.  It's much
> harder to know how many make it out to the user.  We have an associated
> bug in the MySQL interface which generates threading errors, apparently
> triggered by a conflict error and the subsequent backout.  These occur
> with most conflicts which involve the database--almost every conflict with
> our system structure.

I'm actually not sure what's logged when a Conflict Error makes it back
to the users, offhand I don't see anything in my logs. Can someone
confirm or infirm that fact?

If nothing is logged, I'll add something at level ERROR.

BTW does someone have a handy script to provoke conflict errors on a
naked Zope?

Florent

+33 1 40 33 71 59   http://nuxeo.com   fg at nuxeo.com