[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope3-dev] RFC: Reunite Zope 2 and Zope 3 in the source code repository

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Wed Nov 23 18:49:04 EST 2005

On 23 Nov 2005, at 20:10, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> If Zope 2 developers get the impression that core Zope 3 developers
> don't give a shit about Zope 2, they may not be so likely to
> actually come on board. That would be a disastrous development
> indeed. We really need an increased connection between the Zope 2
> world and the Zope 3 world.

Amen to that.

I don't see how this "only benefits Zope2 developers". Zope2
developers already get the whole bag, lock, stock and barrel. There
is no change at all for them.

People keep telling Zope2 developers that the inclusion of Zope3
doesn't mean you have to touch it, if you don't use it it is just
inert code that won't cause any change in your Zope2 development
style. Ok, I accept that, no problem at all. But why should this be
any different for Zope3 developers, obviously including Zope2 code
would mean exactly the same thing for them. Come on now.

jens