[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope3-dev] RFC: Reunite Zope 2 and Zope 3 in the source code repository

Morten W. Petersen morten at nidelven-it.no
Thu Nov 24 01:09:00 EST 2005

Stephan Richter wrote:
> On Thursday 24 November 2005 00:41, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
>
>>At least no one is expecting to make such big changes by yourself. Being
>>stubborn and refusing to do further contributions, be they large or small,
>>isn't going to get us anywhere. The people who are so far backing up this
>>proposal have nothing but support to offer and you know that.
>

> I am as stubborn refusing this proposal as you are pushing it. Right now there
> are more -1 votes than +1 votes. Maybe it is time retract the proposal?
> Furthermore, I have yet to see contributions for Zope 3 from people using
> Five. We are not even getting bug reports.

I think joining Zope 2 and Zope 3 benefits the community as a whole..  I
appreciate that it would be preferable to have Zope 3 on its own, as it
is cleanly designed and well thought out, but Zope 2 has a huge
community of existing users, and Zope 2 code is being improved all the time.

+1 from me.  :)

-Morten