[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope3-dev] RFC: Reunite Zope 2 and Zope 3 in the source code repository

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 01:27:00 EST 2005

On 11/23/05, Stephan Richter <srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu> wrote:
> Using this group, we have about an 80-90%
> -1 vote count.

I'll weigh in with a -1 as well, for all the reasons cited by the
other -1 voters on this issue.  Zope 2 and Zope 3 are far too
different at this point.  The only way I see for convergence to be a
good thing is for Zope 2 to be essentially skin and configuration on
top of Zope 3; I really don't want to end up with Zope 2.

Jim's vision is strongly for convergence, and I'm sure he'll say that
himself when he's back (he's away for a few days).  I don't pretend to
know what he'll say about this idea, though.  I don't *think* he
think's it's time, but he doesn't like people predicting what he'll
say.

  -Fred

"There is no wealth but life." --John Ruskin