[Zope-dev] RE: [Zope3-dev] RFC: Reunite Zope 2 and Zope 3 in the source coderepository

Roger Ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Thu Nov 24 04:14:55 EST 2005

Hi Zope3 developers

[...]
> On Thursday 24 November 2005 00:41, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> > At least no one is expecting to make such big changes by
> yourself. Being
> > stubborn and refusing to do further contributions, be they
> large or small,
> > isn't going to get us anywhere. The people who are so far
> backing up this
> > proposal have nothing but support to offer and you know that.
>
> I am as stubborn refusing this proposal as you are pushing
> it. Right now there
> are more -1 votes than +1 votes. Maybe it is time retract the
> proposal?
> Furthermore, I have yet to see contributions for Zope 3 from
> people using
> Five. We are not even getting bug reports.

Btw, do we really count developer where are voting but never
contributed to the z3 trunk? I think normaly yes. But this is a
proposal where I think should be up to the Zope3 developer
to decide.

Again, the base idea isn't that bad at all. But since no Zope3
develper will support it, it will be a bad idea to force it.

Regards
Roger Ineichen