[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope3-dev] RFC: Reunite Zope 2 and Zope 3 in the source coderepository

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Thu Nov 24 06:55:14 EST 2005

On Thursday 24 November 2005 01:18, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> Can you read and potentially fix doctests? I *know* you can :). Tell me,
> other than the fact that you keep saying you refuse to learn Five, makes
> fixing a Five doctest different from a, say, zope.app.tree doctest? It's
> not like you've modified a line here or there in other people's code before
> which is why your particular dislike of Five surprises me.

Yes. Because I worked very hard the last 3.5 years to have a very deep and
fairly complete understanding of Zope 3. This is the reason I can fix
doctests and bugs in almost every part of Zope 3. I do not want to spend time
acquiring this skill in Five or Zope 2 (again). I have no motivation to do
that.

I have been a Zope 3 developer for over 3 years and I have worked very hard
trying to make (some) money with Zope 3 when it was not easy to do so. Now
that I have finally plenty of Zope 3 work, you come around and force me to
learn Five and Zope 2 again, if I want to continue developing for Zope 3. And
that's plain bullshit. The strong resistance of some of the other pure Zope 3
developers should give you a hint.

Regards,
Stephan
--