[Zope-dev] zope.conf extensibility

Sidnei da Silva sidnei at enfoldsystems.com
Wed Nov 30 14:41:02 EST 2005

This might be the third time I hit this issue, and I've always given
up before. I hope this is the last time.

I have some product that would greatly benefit from being able to be
configured from within zope.conf. I don't want a separate
configuration file. Period.

Why? Apache doesn't have separate configuration files for mod_cache or
mod_anything.

Chris McDonough has used the %import feature on ClockServer product,
but that just works because zopeschema.xml has a <multisection>
definition for ZServer.server type.

I think it would be very useful for zopeschema.xml to have a
<multisection> for some abstract type to allow third-party product to
define their own section type extending this abstract type and thus
have their configuration kept inside zope.conf

Consider this a proposal *wink*.

--
Sidnei da Silva
Enfold Systems, LLC.