[Zope-dev] log levels

Florent Guillaume fg at nuxeo.com
Tue Oct 4 18:04:04 EDT 2005

Now in Zope 2 trunk, more and more components use the standard python
logging framework.

For instance the transaction code logs at DEBUG level every
transaction start and end (self.log.debug(...)). This makes the logs
very verbose, and any other code I write that logs at DEBUG level
gets drowned in it. Previously transaction logs were at TRACE level
but this doesn't exist anymore, and the python logging framework
doesn't have anything between INFO and DEBUG or below DEBUG.

I don't have a solution really, I can log at level BLATHER and limit
my logs at that, but that's not very satisfying. And if zLOG is
deprecated I'd rather avoid it.

Any idea?

Florent

+33 1 40 33 71 59   http://nuxeo.com   fg at nuxeo.com