[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope-Checkins] SVN: Zope/trunk/lib/python/Shared/DC/ZRDB/ Collector #556: sqlvar now returns 'null' rather than 'None'.

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Wed Oct 12 05:13:16 EDT 2005

--On 11. Oktober 2005 07:50:34 +0100 Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk>
wrote:

> Andreas Jung wrote:
>> IMO there is no need to ship the Zope core  with *any* DB package except
>> the ZODB.
>
> I dunno, it's very handy to be able to rely on something RDB-like being
> installed when you want to tests things like ZSQL methods...

Yes, it would be handy. But one could also install the stuff as standalone
product for people that really need it. I am really against this proposal -
maintaining yet another nice2have package is a burden just for the sake of
make the lifes of some people easier. Other application servers also don't
ship with a RDBMS....if you need it, install it.

Andreas