[Zope-dev] Mountpoints

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Fri Oct 28 01:02:38 EDT 2005

> Jim redid the way Zope trunk stitches in Zope3 since you last looked
> at this, and that can create some mechanical problems (of the kinds
> you're seeing, in fact).  The svn docs probably won't help.
> Suggestion (which is repetition of what I suggested before this
> happened, but we'll gracefully let that pass ;-)):
>
> Check out a fresh, new copy of Zope trunk.
>
> Merge your branch into that.

Thank you!

Eagds.  I *thought* I had done just that.  I had even printed out
your previous handholding email about this before starting.  But no.
I did not.  Instead, to my horror, I realized had *copied* a trunk
working copy (of an unknown vintage, although up-to-date according to
"svn status" after an svn up) and then I'd merged the branch into that.

So about a minute ago, I followed your instructions literally,
figuring that I'd be able to sheepishly move on afterwards, but
unfortunately it comes out the same.  Literally, here are the commands:

$ svn co svn+ssh://svn.zope.org/repos/main/Zope/trunk
$ cd trunk
$ svn merge -r 38624:HEAD svn+ssh://svn.zope.org/repos/main/Zope/
branches/zodb-blobs-branch
$ svn up

... which comes out with ....

Fetching external item into 'lib/python/zope/thread'
External at revision 39684.

Fetching external item into 'doc/ZEO'
A  doc/ZEO/cache.txt
A  doc/ZEO/ZopeREADME.txt
A  doc/ZEO/README.txt
A  doc/ZEO/trace.txt
A  doc/ZEO/howto.txt
Updated external to revision 39684.

Fetching external item into 'lib/python/zope'
svn: Working copy 'lib/python/zope' locked
svn: run 'svn cleanup' to remove locks (type 'svn help cleanup' for
details)

I am reasonably confident that drinking just one more Yuengling will
solve this problem in one way or another.

- C