[Zope-dev] Re: What from zope.app are you using

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Thu Apr 6 12:41:44 EDT 2006

On Wed, Apr 05, 2006 at 10:30:05PM +0200, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> Paul Winkler wrote:
> > Aside from stuff mentioned on your proposal, we are using macros from
> > zope.app.rotterdam.standardmacros.
>
> Aha. Why? Are you actually using parts of the Rotterdam skin?

Heh. Actually, a closer look reveals that we're not at all.
In fact we're doing:

from zope.app.rotterdam.standardmacros import StandardMacros as BaseMacros

class StandardMacros(BaseMacros):
    macro_pages = ('common_macros', 'mydnanews_macros', 'main_template',)

... which means we get exactly nothing from using rotterdam, since
rotterdam.standardmacros looks just like the above, it merely defines
a different macro_pages tuple and imports the macros from basicskin.

So in fact we're not using rotterdam at all, we're just using a single
class that we could get from zope.app.basicskin rather than rotterdam.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com