[Zope-dev] Re: z3 server+publication refactor for z2

Sidnei da Silva sidnei at enfoldsystems.com
Thu Apr 13 09:04:25 EDT 2006

On Thu, Apr 13, 2006 at 11:46:20AM +0200, Florent Guillaume wrote:
| Hi,
|
| Sidnei has been working on the Zope 2 publication-refactor branch
| where he's allowed the use of the Zope 3 Twisted-based server, and of
| a Zope 3 based publication process.
|
| I'd like to see this merge branched in Zope 2 trunk because I'd like
| Zope 2.10 to be Twisted-based. What's missing from the branch
| preventing this? What problems have been encountered?

Well, the biggest is making an adapter for the Zope 3 request so that
it implements the same interface as the Zope 2 request. Other than
that, it was pretty much working.

Oh, and now I recall, we don't have 'streaming', 'chunked', and
'gzipping' yet, though the latter two would be easily implemented as
wsgi middleware (could even use the implementation from
django/turbogears). That's the second biggest :)

| (This query is a reaction to my diving in to current asyncore+medusa
| +ThreadedAsync+PubCore that gives me nightmares when I realize I'll
| have to implement new server types or new stuff more akin to the ZEO
| storage server.)

It's not that bad :)

--
Sidnei da Silva