[Zope-dev] Re: [ANN] pythonproducts 1.0beta1 released

yuppie y.2006_ at wcm-solutions.de
Sun Apr 23 14:40:36 EDT 2006

Hi Rocky!

Rocky Burt wrote:
> Well, pythonproducts patches regular Zope and also CMF.  Five 1.4
> includes the patches for regular Zope... and with Zope 2.10 those
> patches will of course be directly applied to Zope (thats what I'm
> working on right now).
>
> But there's still the matter of CMF.  At some point I want to get the
> patches integrated into CMF 1.6 and/or 2.0 but with 1.6 its probably too
> late and with CMF 2.0 I need to better understand how the FTI stuff
> works before I can (or if I even should) apply the patches.
>
> This basically means with Zope 2.10, pythonproducts will be 75%
> useless ... everything besides the CMF stuff.

listDefaultTypeInformation no longer exists in CMF 2.0 and AFAICS that's
the only thing pythonproducts patches in CMF.

So I guess

1.) the CMF stuff is obsolete with CMF 2.0

2.) pythonproducts doesn't work with CMF 2.0
(not tested, but patch_listDefaultTypeInformation seems to require
listDefaultTypeInformation)

3.) registerPackage works out of the box with Five 1.4 / Zope 2.10
(also not tested)

Cheers,

	Yuppie