[Zope-dev] Branches finished for merging.

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 05:51:04 EDT 2006

On 4/26/06, Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk> wrote:
> Lennart Regebro wrote:
> > I also recommend that we deprecate both __bobo_traverse__ and
> > __browser_default__, but perhaps with a longer derecation period that
> > usual, since this are very basic techniques used in many products.
> > Please discuss. :)
>
> -1 - what's wrong with having the default adapter around "forever" for
> Zope 2?

It's ugly? :) Or rather, having the default adapter around forever is
a definite yes. Because it does attribute and key look up as well. But
the code could be simplified.

HOWEVER, I'm not gonna have time to remove all uses of
__browser_default__ and __bobo_traverse__, so we don't have to discuss
it more closely for months, because it won't be deprecated in 2.10 in
any case. ;)