[Zope-dev] Nine new ZC Zope 3 packages on zope.org

Gary Poster gary at zope.com
Fri Feb 3 14:14:05 EST 2006

Zope Corp has released nine new packages as standalone Zope 3
projects on zope.org.  Three are completely new to the zope.org
repository, and six were previously part of the zc Sandbox on zope.org.

These three packages are brand new to zope.org.

zc.shortcut
   Our (second) take on the symbolic link use case.

zc.displayname
   What we use for drawing breadcrumbs and such; a dependency of
zc.shortcut.

zc.relationship
   A very new cut at a ZODB-friendly directed graph, based loosely on
some old ZC work.

These next six projects were already in the zc sandbox, and are now
moved to full-fledged projects so collaboration is possible and so we
share the "state of the art".

zc.datetimewidget
   A datetime widget that uses the now-standard mishoo LGPL calendar
widget.

zc.extrinsicreference
   One-way references designed to be back-references for standard
attribute pointers.

zc.form
   Some *extremely* useful but sometimes undertested widgets,
including timezone widgets and choice widgets that remember the last
chosen value per user.

zc.listcontainer
   A persistent linked list that might be more appropriate than
ordered container for some use cases.  Well tested.

zc.resourcelibrary
   An approach to letting page components dynamically request
javascript and css resources during page composition.  Wants a
publishing pipeline to be able to get rid of a heavy-handed
replacement of the browser request factory.  Good idea, usable and
useful now, but could use more polish.

zc.table
   A very useful and powerful table rendering implementation,
including the ability to have table-based forms.  It has some rough
edges that could use polish.

ZC has released many other useful standalone projects on zope.org
over the past few months, including zope.file, zope.ucol,
zope.locking, and zc.catalog.  They all are worth a look.

Gary