[Zope-dev] No more access to username

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Feb 3 17:22:00 EST 2006

Beat Rubischon wrote at 2006-2-3 14:10 +0100:
>Until Zope 2.8.3 it was possible to access to the name of the logged in
>user also in a public accessible method.
> ..
>This no longer works in Zope 2.8.5 (2.8.4 is untested) and Zope 2.9.0.

Zope development seems a bit chaotic:

  What you describe now was the standard Zope behaviour for
  a long time.

  Then developpers realized that this "feature" (suppressing
  authentication for public objects) brings more pain than gain
  and disabled it.

  Apparently, a new generation of Zope developpers lost
  the old wisdom and reenabled the misfeature....

I (at your place) would file a bug report, citing the old problem reports
(to be found in the mailing list archive).

--
Dieter