[Zope-dev] Deprecating Zope 2 interfaces?

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Tue Feb 21 05:16:22 EST 2006

Hi there,

I don't think it will make much sense to keep Zope 2 interfaces around
for more than one year from now. In other words, I'm suggesting to
deprecate them for Zope 2.10.

There are a few places in Zope 2 where they are still used for checks
(mostly webdav, OFS, ZCTextIndex). For the deprecation period, these
checks will have to be done against both the Zope 2 and the Zope 3
interface. I think this is as hard as it gets for the switch-over to
Zope 3 interfaces, but perhaps I'm missing something.

Philipp