[Zope-dev] Re: SVN: Zope/branches/2.9/ Move to ZODB 3.6 final.

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Fri Jan 6 11:25:14 EST 2006

--On 6. Januar 2006 10:49:29 -0500 Jim Fulton <jim at zope.com> wrote:
> I don't like using tags in externals.  Each time an external is changed
> to a tag,
> svn creates .OLD directories and gets a new version.  It's a real hassle
> IMO.

I _like_ tags in externals because they are self-documenting. Dealing with
externals where you have several different revision numbers is a PIA since
you never know what version of a module is behind the revision. You always
have look through the log for the referenced module...that's very time
consuming. I see this as a major risk factor when working on releases.

-aj