[Zope-dev] Re: OFS.Application deprecations for Zope 2.10

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Tue Jun 13 18:45:14 EDT 2006

On Jun 13, 2006, at 4:13 PM, Florent Guillaume wrote:
> Yes but the deprecation has been there for a while, and the third
> party product developers have been ignoring the warning. Their loss.

You're right.  This only because I haven't managed to get off 2.8 on
any of my projects, so I just never see these warnings.

The reason I haven't been able to make it off 2.8 is due mostly to
other deprecation/feature addition aggressiveness that has taken
place in 2.9 and on the HEAD.  Us plain old folks just can't keep up.

I really wouldn't at all mind releasing a patched EE if the thing
being deprecated was worth deprecating.  But IMO this was a bad
deprecation, and we should just un-deprecate it.

> If we don't remove things at some point, there's no point in doing
> deprecation warnings.

I think the deprecation shouldn't have been done in the first place.
This is only about "methods" not about __ac_permissions__ and so on
that have warnings in the file.

> We can push it back to Zope 2.11... Actually I really don't care,
> I've patched EE.

Or we can just pretend we never deprecated 'methods', remove the
warning, and get on with it; no harm, no foul.

- C