[Zope-dev] Re: Time-based releases a good idea?

Rocky Burt rocky at serverzen.com
Wed Jun 14 07:59:51 EDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-14-06 at 13:34 +0200, Lennart Regebro wrote:
> The majority has agreed that the path forward for Zope is to make it
> possible for people to use Zope3 technologies without having to
> rewrite everything from scratch. The changes you see in Zope2 are a
> direct effect of that. You should only get upgrade problems if you
> skip several versions. Other than that, it should pretty much just
> work.

I'd just like to add that I agree with all points in this post.  Plone
is also in a very similar situation and it was quite minimal work
getting from 2.8 to 2.9 and now to 2.10.  The result is that Plone is
now using more and more component architecture functionality which is
making certain area's easier to maintain and is currently making things
more fun to code :)  As well, the switch to zope 3 technologies is
enabling us reuse more zope tech so we have to develop less plone tech
which is always a good thing.

- Rocky

--
Rocky Burt