[Zope-dev] Re: default view

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Sun Jun 18 14:15:58 EDT 2006

On 6/18/06, Philipp von Weitershausen <philipp at weitershausen.de> wrote:
> > The remaining important question is: if a *default* view is specified
> > using the zope 3 mechanism, should we always treat it as a zope 3 view,
> > and refuse to lookup an attribute with that name?
>
> Yep. browser:defaultView should only affect the view machinery.

OK, that means that the test in Five.browser.tests.test_defaultview
lin 94 iw wrong, as it explicitly tests that they CAN be attributes.
;)

    This tests whether an existing ``index_html`` method is still
    supported and called:

      >>> print http(r'''
      ... GET /test_folder_1_/testindex HTTP/1.1
      ... ''')
      HTTP/1.1 200 OK
      Default index_html called

>From Five.browser.tests.defaultview.zcml:

  <browser:defaultView
      for="Products.Five.tests.testing.simplecontent.IIndexSimpleContent"
      name="index_html"
      />

If you want to have non-views as browser default, we still need to use
__browser_default__, then.

The option is to allow attributes, and specify the browserdefault with
@@ to force it to be a view.