[Zope-dev] Re: Time-based releases a good idea?

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sun Jun 18 14:57:46 EDT 2006

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote at 2006-6-18 12:28 +0200:
>> Its configuration was documented in the Zope schema file.
>> Its single API method was self explaining...
>
>Not everybody is as smart as you are, Dieter.

Thank you :-)

>And certainly not everyone
>would get the idea of reading code or ZConfig schema files as documentation.

"ZConfig" schema files *are* (a lot of) documentation.
Not looking there misses an essential, usually easy to grasp
resource. The part of the schema/component concerning "zLOG"
was definitely easier to grasp then the documentation
of Python's "logging" module.

If I do not write a logging call, then I will get enough understanding
just by locking at the code and knowing how the log entries
look like. No need to look into the source for this.
A look into the source might help for writing ones own logging calls.

--
Dieter