[Zope-dev] Re: default view

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Wed Jun 21 15:51:45 EDT 2006

Florent Guillaume wrote at 2006-6-18 02:05 +0200:
>             if hasattr(object,'__bobo_traverse__'):
>                 subobject=object.__bobo_traverse__(request, name)

If you are working on it, then you should implement a
means that "__bobo_traverse__" can tell the caller that
it should use the normal default.

This feature makes lots of "__bobo_traverse__" implementations
much saner. A prominent example is the Archetypes' one.

In our private Zope version, I have used an exception
("UseTraversalDefault") for this purpose.

--
Dieter