[Zope3-dev] Re: [Zope-dev] Two visions

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 11:14:52 EST 2006

On 3/1/06, Jim Fulton <jim at zope.com> wrote:
> Lennart Regebro wrote:
> > Well, not neccesarily. Things change, and the plan for the future has
> > not always been the same. The important part is that we work in the
> > same direction.
>
> How is that possible if we don't communicate the vision?

In the long run it probably isn't. But in the short term it seems to
work fine. :)

> Then how are we going to work on the plan?

We don't have to work on a plan. All we need is to work. A plan is
only needed when people start working in different directions.

> If the plan is to make make Zope 3 a replacement for Zope 2 or
> even to make them converge, then Zope 3 needs a lot of work
> that wouldn't be warrented otherwise.

Maybe, but does it need it just right now?

> That implies more work than you realize.  You seem to think that
> making Zope 2 and Zope 3 similar only requires changes to Zope 2.

So far I think it requires only changes to Zope2, yes. If I'm wrong I
would be interested to hear what you think must be changed in Zope 3.3
and 3.4.

> I think a lack of a realistic vision means that we are pulling in
> different directions.  I think this is causing a lot of harm.

OK. It doesn't look like that from here, but I could be wrong.