[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope3-dev] Re: Two visions?

Max M maxm at mxm.dk
Sat Mar 4 10:08:41 EST 2006

Rocky Burt wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-03-03 at 09:30 +0100, Max M wrote:
>
>>Benji York wrote:
>>
>>>If we want people outside of the zope community to use these components,
>>>they should not have the word "zope" anywhere in their name.  If it says
>>>"zope" people will *always* assume it is for use only with/inside Zope
>>>(Zope 2 more often than not).
>>

>>Would we want people outside the community to do this?
>

> We want as much as the python developer as possible to use pieces of
> zope.  This means those pieces of zope will have had greater testing,
> more reviewing, and ultimately, more people contributing.

I am *not* against other developers using bits of Zope. So I am sort of
being the devils advocate here.

But everytime it is mentioned, it is allways mentioned as a purely good
thing. But it is in fact not without cost.

Eg. conflicting interrests of 'external' and 'internal' users, or code
that becomes more complex because of different use cases.

--

hilsen/regards Max M, Denmark

http://www.mxm.dk/
IT's Mad Science