[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope2] ZODB load optimization ineffective due to ExtensionClass flaw

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Thu Mar 9 05:30:04 EST 2006

Jim Fulton wrote at 2006-3-8 10:46 -0500:
>Dieter Maurer wrote:
>> The ZODB allows to include the class (a reference to it)
>> into persistent references in order to avoid loading the object
>> state when a ghost object needs
>> to be created for the persistent reference.
>> Unfortunately, "ExtensionClass.Base" defines "__getnewargs__".
>> It is the base class for all Zope2 classes. Zope2 persistent
>> references are not optimized...

[Jim]
>I'd have to review this, but I'm pretty sure that we dealt with this
>issue, but I could be mistaken.

After I have checked that the Zope[2] SVN trunk version, too, cannot
use the optimization, I filed a feature request with solution:

    http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/2042

I adapted the "ExtensionClass" tests and verified that all
tests in my Zope 2.8.1 installation continue to work despite my change.

--
Dieter