[Zope-dev] I agree that ZClasses should stay. I will volunteer

Christopher Lozinski lozinski at freerecruiting.com
Fri Mar 24 13:00:46 EST 2006

I am interested in maintaining them, documenting them, and upgrading them.

I have been through the code a number of times, and if someone would
spend 15 minutes explaining the high level design decisions, I could
probably keep them up to date.  Why do they have multiple properties on
a property sheet, instead of having a list of independent data types?

I am also very interested in versions, and maintaining versions.

Versionning and ZClasses make the fastest single user development
environment I have ever seen in my life.  If your company can afford
file based development, great, but some of us live on the income from
our web sites, and really want to develop fast.

And I object to the statement that "most people with solid
backgrounds".  I would prefer if you said that:  "In certain
circumstances ZClasses makes sense, in other circumstances, file based
development makes better sense. In some cases Plone is better, in some
cases Zope is better, in some cases Ruby on Rails is better, in some
cases Zope3 is better".   Different situations require different choices.

Regards
Chris